- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Alberg Mare de Deu de Montserrat
At a Glance
- excellent budget choice
- takes all ages
- friendly service
- lavish Art Nouveau design
- accommodations vary from dormitory-like multiple-bedrooms to smaller rooms for two to four
- front door opens only at intervals after midnight
- far from downtown Barcelona and popular landmarks
Alberg Mare de Deu de Montserrat Review
Shared rooms and bathrooms notwithstanding, this is one of the city's great bargains overlooking the city near Gaudí's Güell Park.This youth hostel accepts guests over 25 with youth hostel cards, which are available at the front desk for a small fee (€5). The lobby, a Moderniste exhibition featuring Moorish horseshoe arches and polychrome marquetry right out of the Arabian Nights, has been featured in Barcelona art books. Bus 28 from the Rambla and the green line's Vallcarca metro station get you home. Doors close at midnight, but open every 30 minutes for late arrivals, that is, everyone.
- Address: Passeig de la Mare de Déu del Coll 41-51, Vallcarca, Catalonia, 08023 | Map It
- Phone: 93/210-5151
- Website: www.xanascat.cat
- Metro Vallcarca.
- Location: Sarrià, Sant Gervasi, Putxet, and Pedralbes
- 209 beds in rooms for 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 12.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- $399 & up -- Fall 7-Night Mediterranean Cruises — $399 MSC Cruises
- $859 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise — $859 Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring — $599 Royal Caribbean
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
And we're off! Read more
I'm going to Barcelona in July and got tired of looking at overpriced hotels that were nothing great, so am now thinking of renting an apt from this outfit, they look nice and I'll save money. Read more
· News & Features
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable ... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays... Read more