- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- excellent views over Barcelona
- first-rate, original art all over
- fine restaurants
- general comfort and technology
- a 20-minute hike from Barcelona
- hotel feels like an island of (mostly American) tourists
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hotel Arts Review
This luxurious Ritz-Carlton-owned skyscraper overlooks Barcelona from the Olympic Port, providing stunning views of the Mediterranean, the city, and the mountains behind. The hotel's main drawback is that it's somewhat in a world of its own, a short taxi ride (or a good 20-minute walk) from the center of the city. That said, it is a beautiful world to be in. True to its name, fine art—from Chillida drawings to Susana Solano sculptures—hangs everywhere. Rooms are equally glamorous, decorated in contrasting beige and dark-wood accents and stocked with Acqua di Parma toiletries. Sergi Arola's restaurant is a chic, postmodern culinary playground, while the Enoteca has emerged as the hotel's prized dining room.
- Address: Calle de la Marina 19, Port Olímpic, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08005 | Map It
- Phone: 93/221-1000
- Website: www.hotelartsbarcelona.com
- Metro Ciutadella--Vil.la Olímpica.
- Location: Barceloneta and the Port Olímpic
- 397 rooms, 59 suites, 28 apartments.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- $399 & up -- Fall 7-Night Mediterranean Cruises — $399 MSC Cruises
- $859 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise — $859 Royal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring — $599 Royal Caribbean
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
And we're off! Read more
Picking up car at Bordeaux airport staying around St Emilion and then driving south to Orx and then east to midi pyrenees. Read more
· News & Features
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays... Read more