- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- central location on the Rambla
- a fine combination of design and technology
- subway rumble discernible in lower rooms on Rambla side
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Overlooking the Rambla, this imposing mansion occupies a building with an illustrious history as the headquarters of the Compañia de Tabacos de Filipinas. Named for the fateful year when Spain was stripped of its final colonial outposts (the Philippines among them), the hotel's elegance imagines bygone imperial days. Rooms are equipped with free Wi-Fi and other modern touches while decorated with maritime touches like nautical stripes and bamboo. The upper rooms with terraces on the side away from the Rambla have lovely views of Montjuïc, the Mediterranean, and the Collserola hills behind the city.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- $399 & up -- Fall 7-Night Mediterranean Cruises — $399 MSC Cruises
- $849 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise — $849 Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in Spring — $649 Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- Weeklong Italy & France Cruise in Summer — $649 Royal Caribbean
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
And we're off! Read more
New to the forums (but long time fodors browser ).
I am going on a trip in September to Marrakech and then Madrid with my boyfriend (we're both mid-20s). We fly into Madrid on a Wednesday, landing Read more
· News & Features
Just because this sensuous Mediterranean city epitomizes Catalonian cool doesn't mean it's unsuitable ... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays... Read more