- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A busy industrial city of 152,000, Logroño has a lovely old quarter bordered by the Ebro and medieval walls, with Breton de los Herreros and Muro Francisco de la Mata the most characteristic streets.
Near Logroño, the Roman bridge and the mirador (lookout) at Viguera are the main sights in the lower Iregua Valley. According to legend, Santiago (St. James) helped the Christians defeat the Moors at the Castillo de Clavijo, another panoramic spot. The Leza (Cañon) del Río Leza is La Rioja's most dramatic canyon.
Logroño's dominant landmarks are the finest sacred structures in Rioja.
Logroño at a Glance
Elsewhere in Bilbao and the Basque Country
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Bilbao Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Ercilla Fr $90+/Nt Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Bilbao Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $71+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3-Star Petit Palace Arana Fr $134+/Nt — $134 Expedia
- Book in Bilbao: Save at the Silken Indautxu in May Fr $105+/Nt — $105 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- May deal: Silken Gran Domine Bilbao Fr $264+/Nt — $264 Save with Expedia, $43/night less