- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Renowned chef Juan Mari Arzak's little house at the crest of Alto de Miracruz on the eastern outskirts of San Sebastián is internationally famous, so reserve well in advance. Here, traditional Basque products and preparations are enhanced to bring out the best in the natural materials. The ongoing culinary dialogue between Juan Mari and his daughter Elena, who share the kitchen, is one of the most endearing attractions here. They disagree often, but it's all in the family, and the food just gets better and better. The sauces are perfect, and every dish looks beautiful, but the prices (even of appetizers) are astronomical.
- Address: Av. Alcalde Jose Elosegui 273, Alto de Miracruz, San Sebastián, 20015 | Map It
- Phone: 943/278465
- Website: www.arzak.es
- Location: San Sebastián
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon., last 2 wks in June, and from 1st Sun. in Nov. for 3 wks. No dinner Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Silken Indautxu on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $119+/Nt Save with Expedia, $8/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Bilbao this May Fr $191+/Nt Save with Expedia, $24/night less
- Book in Bilbao: Save at the Carlton in May Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Expedia
- Early Booking Bonus - Save 10% on your hotel stay: Ercilla in May — $92 Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Book in Bilbao: Save at the Petit Palace Arana in May Fr $103+/Nt — $103 Save with Expedia, $18/night less
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
And we're off! Read more
I'm going to Barcelona in July and got tired of looking at overpriced hotels that were nothing great, so am now thinking of renting an apt from this outfit, they look nice and I'll save money. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw. ... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more