Catalonia, Valencia, and the Costa Blanca Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Visit historic Girona: In the city of Girona, monuments of Christian, Jewish, and Islamic culture are only steps apart.
Explore Valencia: The past 20 years has seen a transformation of the River Turia into a treasure trove of museums, concert halls, parks, and architectural wonders.
Eat well: Foodies argue that the fountainhead of creative gastronomy has moved from France to Spain—and in particular to the great restaurants of the Ampurdà and Costa Brava.
Say hello to Dalí: Surreal doesn't begin to describe the Dalí Museum in Figueres or the wild coast of the artist's home at Cap de Creus.
Observe burning passion: Valencia's Las Fallas, in mid-March, a week of fireworks and solemn processions and a finale of spectacular bonfires, is one of the best festivals in Europe.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $699 & up -- Summer: Italy-France-Spain Cruise w/Oceanview Royal Caribbean