- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A car is extremely useful if you want to explore inland, where much of the driving is smooth, uncrowded, and scenic. Catalonia and Valencia have excellent roads: if you're in the driver's seat the only drawback is the expense of the high tolls on the autopistas (highways), but the coastal N340 can get clogged, so you're often better off paying.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $699 & up -- Summer: Italy-France-Spain Cruise w/Oceanview Royal Caribbean