Ibiza and the Balearic Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A Wine Detour
Binissalem, about a half-hour drive (25 km [15 mi]) from Palma, is the center of one of the island's two D.O. (Denominación de Orígen) registered wine regions and has a riotous harvest festival in mid-September, when surplus grapes are dumped by the truckload for participants to fling at each other. Some of Marjorca's best wineries are here, many of them open for tastings and tours.
Bodegas José Ferrer. This is one of the largest of Majorca's wineries. Conquistador 103, Binissalem, Majorca, 07350. 971/511050.
Bodega Antonio Nadal Ros. This is a hard winery to find, but it's worth a detour as it exports none of its production. Camino de Son Roig s/n, Binissalem, Majorca, 07350. 629/643483 or 629/449332.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $859 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $1449 & up -- Balcony: Summer France, Italy & Spain Cruise — $1,449 Royal Caribbean