Ibiza and the Balearic Islands Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Ibiza and the Balearic Islands Hotel Reviews
Majorca: Majorca's large-scale resorts—more than 1,500 of them—are concentrated mainly on the southern coast and primarily serve the package-tour industry. Perhaps the best accommodations on the island are the number of grand old country estates and town houses that have been converted into boutique hotels, ranging from simple and relatively inexpensive agroturismos to stunning outposts of luxury.
Minorca: Apart from a few hotels and hostels in Mahón and Ciutadella, almost all of Minorca's tourist lodgings are in beach resorts. As on the other islands, many of these are fully reserved by travel operators in the high season and often require a week's minimum stay, so it's generally most economical to book a package that combines airfare and accommodations. Alternatively, inquire at the tourist office about boutique and country hotels, especially in and around Sant Lluis.
Ibiza: Ibiza's high-rise resort hotels and holiday flats are mainly in Sant Antoni, Talamanca, Ses Figueretes, and Playa d'en Bossa. Overbuilt Sant Antoni has little but its beach to recommend it. Playa d'en Bossa, close to Eivissa, is prettier but lies under a flight path. To get off the beaten track and into the island's largely pristine interior, look for agroturismo lodgings in Els Amunts (The Uplands) and in villages such as Santa Gertrudis or Sant Miquel de Balanzat.
Formentera: If July and August are the only months you can visit, reserve well in advance. To get the true feel of Formentera, look for the most out-of-the-way calas and fishing villages, especially on the south Platja de Mitjorn coast.
Many hotels on the islands include a Continental or full buffet breakfast in the room rate.
Browse Ibiza and the Balearic Islands Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $849 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $699 & up -- Summer: Italy-France-Spain Cruise w/Oceanview — $699 Royal Caribbean