- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Ibiza Town (Eivissa)
Hedonistic and historic, Eivissa (Ibiza, in Castilian) is a city jam-packed with cafés, nightspots, and trendy shops; looming over it are the massive stone walls of Dalt Vila —the medieval city declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1999—and its Gothic cathedral. Squeezed between the north walls of the old city and the harbor is Sa Penya, a long labyrinth of stone-paved streets that offer some of the city's best offbeat shopping, snacking, and exploring.
The tourist information office on Vara de Rey has a useful map of walks through the old city.
Ibiza Town (Eivissa) at a Glance
Elsewhere in Ibiza and the Balearic Islands
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $849 & up -- Mediterranean 7-Night Summer Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $699 & up -- Summer: Italy-France-Spain Cruise w/Oceanview — $699 Royal Caribbean