- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
From the ski area of Núria, at an altitude of 6,562 feet, is a dramatic—occasionally heart-stopping—trail, best done in the summer months, called the Camino dels Enginyers, or engineers' path. The three-hour trek, aided at one point by a cable handrail, leads to the remote highland valley of Coma de Vaca, where a cozy refuge and hearty replenishment await. Phone ahead to make sure there's space. In the morning you can descend along the riverside Gorges de Freser trail, another three-hour walk, to Queralbs, where there are connecting trains to Ribes de Freser.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 4-Star Zenit Don Yo Fr $51+/Nt Hotels.com
- $54 & Up: Cesaraugusta 3-Star Hotel in Zaragoza Expedia
- 4-Star Tryp Zaragoza Fr $55+/Nt — $55 Save with Hotels.com, $14/night less
- Save in Zaragoza: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $79+/Nt — $79 Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- 4-Star Melia Zaragoza Fr $60+/Nt — $60 Save with Hotels.com, $21/night less
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
And we're off! Read more
If you can, try to stay away from these two hotels.........Hotel Colon and Hotel Catalonia.
Next time I will stay at a chain hotel from United States. Don't be fool by those good reviews in hotels.com Read more