When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
When to Go
If you're a hiker, stick to the summer (June to September, especially July), when the weather is better and there's less chance of a serious snowfall—not to mention blizzards or lightning storms at high altitudes.
October, with comfortable daytime temperatures and chillier evenings, is ideal for enjoying the still-green Pyrenean meadows and valleys and hillside hunts for wild mushrooms. November brings colorful leaves, the last mushrooms, and the first frosts.
For skiing, come between December and April. The green springtime thaw, from mid-March to mid-April, is spectacular for skiing on the snowcaps and trout fishing or golfing on the verdant valley floors.
August is the only crowded month, when all of Europe is on summer vacation and the cooler highland air is at its best.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save $$ in Zaragoza: Book Fr $65+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
- Zaragoza Savings! Book at Eurostars Plaza Delicias Fr $57+/Nt Expedia
- 4-Star Melia Zaragoza Fr $61+/Nt — $61 Save with Hotels.com, $20/night less
- Book in Zaragoza: Save this May Fr $76+/Nt — $76 Save with Expedia, $13/night less
- Save $$ in Zaragoza: Book Fr $58+/Nt — $58 Save with Hotels.com, $20/night less