- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are several large food markets in the city area, but the most impressive is Saluhallen. Built in 1889, the barrel-roofed, wrought-iron, glass, and brick building stands like a monument to industrial architecture. Everything is available at this food hall, from fish, meat, and bakery products to deli foods, herbs and spices, coffee, cheese, and even just people-watching.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save 15% on this stay!: Grand Opera in May Save with Expedia, $39/night less
- Gothenburg Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $307+/Nt Expedia
- Gothenburg Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $307+/Nt — $307 Expedia
- Save 15% on this stay!: Grand Opera in May — $246 Save with Expedia, $39/night less
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
On 27th Dec. Read more
We are a group of Danish students that would really appreciate if you would take 1 minute of your time to answer this questionnaire.
Our goal is to get some information on traveling habits of backpackers Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more