- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Stockholm Hotel Reviews
Stockholm is—we'll say it—a relatively stagnant town when it comes to hotel development, with few new openings each year. But, while the hotel choices here are often not trendily brand-new, they're still plentiful and include everything from grand five-star properties down to basic, affordable hostel accommodation. Most Stockholm hotels have a distinctly Scandinavian design sensitivity. Who needs the latest designer interior when there's plenty of fresh, nonfussy, reasonably elegant and endlessly functional places to stay? Although Stockholm has a reputation for prohibitively expensive hotels, great deals can be found in summer, when prices are substantially lower and numerous discounts are available. More than 50 hotels offer the "Stockholm Package," which includes accommodations for one night, breakfast, and the Stockholmskortet, or Stockholm Card, which entitles the cardholder to free admission to museums and travel on public transport.
Stockholm Tourist Center (Vasag. 14, Stockholm, 111 20. Box 7542, Stockholm, 103 93. 08/50828508. www.visitstockholm.com.)
All rooms in the hotels reviewed are equipped with shower or bath unless otherwise noted. Unless otherwise stated, hotels do not have air-conditioning. Some hotels close during the winter holidays; call ahead if you expect to travel during that time.
Browse Stockholm Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Explore V?ster?s For Less! Book Fr $95+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $32/night less
- $128 & Up: Cheap V?ster?s Stay Save with Hotels.com, $46/night less
- See Stockholm with Royal Caribbean International, 7 Nts Fr $899 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Stockholm this May Fr $212+/Nt — $212 Save with Expedia, $109/night less
- Hot Deal on a 5 Nt Cruise! Crystal Cruises Fr $2,425 — $2,425 Expedia