- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Stockholm's Arlanda International Airport is 42 km (26 mi) from the city center; a freeway links the city and airport. Travel between Arlanda International Airport and Stockholm has been greatly improved with the completion of the Arlanda Express, a high-speed train service. The yellow-nose train leaves every 15 minutes (and every 10 minutes during peak hours), travels at a speed of 200 kph (125 mph), and completes the trip from the airport to Stockholm's central station in 20 minutes; single tickets cost SKr 220.
Flygbussarna (airport buses) leave both the international and domestic terminals every 10-15 minutes from 6:30 am to 11 pm, and make a number of stops on the way to their final destination at the Cityterminalen at Klarabergsviadukten, next to the central railway station. The trip costs SKr 110 and takes about 40 minutes.
A bus-taxi combination package is available. The bus lets you off by the taxi stand at Haga Forum, Järva Krog, or Cityterminalen and you present your receipt to the taxi driver, who takes you to your final destination. A trip will cost between SKr 200 and SKr 300, depending on your destination.
For taxis be sure to ask about a fast pris (fixed price) between Arlanda and the city. It should be between SKr 490 and SKr 510, depending on the final destination. The best bets for cabs are Taxi Stockholm, Taxi 020, and Taxi Kurir. All major taxi companies accept credit cards. Watch out for unregistered cabs, which charge high rates and won't provide the same service.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save $$ in V?ster?s: Book Fr $130+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $48/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Stockholm Fr $136+/Nt Save with Expedia, $39/night less
- Cruise Through Europe with Royal Caribbean International Fr $899 Expedia
- Stockholm Savings! Book at Sheraton Stockholm Fr $389+/Nt — $389 Save with Expedia, $140/night less
- Hot Deal on a 5 Nt Cruise! Crystal Cruises Fr $2,425 — $2,425 Expedia