Getting Here and Around
It's easiest to get to Öland by car. Other methods can be too time-consuming (bus) or too expensive (taxi). We also suggest hiring a car for traveling around the island itself. The closest major car rental companies are in Karlskrona. To get onto the island take Route E22 through the town of Kalmar and across the 6-km (4-mi) bridge.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 4-Star Mayfair Tunneln Fr $206+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Teater let Fr $150+/Nt Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Book in Malm?: Save this May Fr $187+/Nt — $187 Expedia
- Malm? Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Elite Savoy Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Save with Expedia, $25/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Plaza Malmo Fr $127+/Nt — $127 Save with Expedia, $38/night less