- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Bern Tourismus, based in the Hauptbahnhof, distributes free brochures and maps, publishes Bern Guide, and operates a 3-D multimedia history presentation called Bern Show at its satellite information center next to the Bärengraben.
Its guides also lead 90-minute English-language walking tours of the Altstadt at 11 am daily between April and October, on Saturday the rest of the year. Upon request they also organize group tours conducted by bus or down the Aare in rafts. Reserve at the tourist center in the Hauptbahnhof.
Bern Tourismus (Hauptbahnhof, Bahnhofplatz 10a, City Center, Bern, Bern, 3011. 031/3281212. www.bern.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Switzerland Experience IExplore
- Switzerland by Train IExplore
- Switzerland by Train — $9,755 IExplore