- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
The Bodensee is the region's local swimming hole; there are several public beaches, usually more grass than sand. Most have changing rooms and concession stands.
Arbon. With a gravel beach, Arbon makes getting into the water a little rough on tender feet. Hauptstr. 12, Arbon, 9320. 071/4461333.
Kreuzlingen. This beach has some sand at the water's edge, though you'll be spreading your towel on the grass. Promenadenstr. 40, Kreuzlingen, 8220. 071/6881858.
Romanshorn. The lakeside beach in Romanshorn includes a pool and a waterslide, as well as wide swaths of grass to lie on. Bahnhofstra. 19, Romanshorn, 8590. 071/4631147.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Z?rich Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $234+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $112+/Nt Travelocity
- Steigenberger Bellerive au Lac in May: $319 & Up — $319 Save with Expedia, $56/night less
- Book 4-Star Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Fr $252+/Nt — $252 Save with Expedia, $104/night less
- Book the Senator 3 Nts in May Fr $161+/Nt — $161 Expedia