- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Falling water: The feathery Jet d'Eau, Geneva's iconic harbor fountain and the ultimate public shower, is visible for tens of miles in every direction.
Time on your hands: Chances are good you'll leave this city of watchmakers with a new timepiece—for glorious old ones, visit the Patek Philippe Museum.
City of God: The Protestant Reformation moved through Geneva like a hurricane almost five centuries ago; the city's churches still bear scars.
Block party!: The Fêtes de Genève gives everyone a midsummer break by turning La Rade into a 10-day smorgasbord of international foods.
Exclusive baubles: To wander the Rue du Rhône is to take a roll call of the world's finest jewelers-only here many are homegrown.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Stay 3 nights and save 25% off your stay!: NH Rex in May Save with Expedia, $56/night less
- Geneva Savings! Book at Moevenpick & Casino Geneva Fr $217+/Nt Save with Expedia, $93/night less
- $144 & Up: NH Geneva Airport 4-Star Hotel in Geneva — $144 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Geneva this May Fr $596+/Nt — $596 Expedia
- Book Auteuil - Manotel Geneva in May: Weekend Special — $260 Save with Expedia, $14/night less