When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
When to Go
Hot and sunny with a slight breeze in summer, crisp and clear in spring and autumn, rainbow-prone in June—Geneva's weather, when it's good, is spectacular. The Alps glow pink and the Jura fades to silhouette at the end of the day; restaurants set tables outside from March through October.
There are other days—whole weeks of them in winter—when stratus clouds coagulate between the mountains and gray out everything in sight. But relief comes from La Bise, the often bitingly cold north wind that blows in off the lake, clears away la grisaille (the greyness), and reveals sparkling snow-covered peaks.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport Fr $150+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Geneva for Less: Hotels Fr $132+/Nt Travelocity
- Book in Geneva: Save at the NH Geneva Airport in May Fr $144+/Nt — $144 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
- Book in Geneva: Save this May Fr $225+/Nt — $225 Save with Expedia, $96/night less
- Geneva Savings! Book at Auteuil - Manotel Geneva Fr $260+/Nt — $260 Save with Expedia, $14/night less