- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Arosa's ski area is small compared with those of the Upper Engadine, Davos-Klosters, and the Alpine Arena (Flims-Laax). Closely screened in by mountains, the 5,900-foot-high resort has runs suitable for every level of skier. Its 13 lifts serve 70km (43 mi) of trails. The slopes can be accessed directly from the valley at three points: the top of the village; behind the train station; and the Prätschli, a "feeder" lift to the main ski area. The black piste on the Weisshorn (8,700 feet) is challenging, but most of the runs there, as well as on Hörnli (8,200 feet), range from easy to intermediate.
Swiss Ski and Snowboard School. You can get snow-sports instruction at the official Swiss Ski and Snowboard School. Seeblickstr., Arosa, Graubünden. 081/3787500 or 081/3787505. sssa.ch/en.
ABC Snowsport School. Ski lessons are available at the ABC Snowsport School. Arosa, Graubünden. 081/3565660.
Langlauf- und Schneeschuhzentrum Geeser. Cross-country skiers or Nordic walkers will find instruction, guided tours, equipment, and information at the Langlauf- und Schneeschuhzentrum Geeser, the Cross-country and Snowshoe Center. Arosa, Graubünden. 081/3772215. www.geeser-arosa.ch.
All schools have English-speaking instructors. At this writing a one-day lift ticket costs 60 SF; a six-day pass costs 279 SF (incremental increases are likely each season). For cross-country skiing or snowshoeing, the Maran and Isla trails have 30 km (18 mi) of groomed trails. There are three official sled runs: Tschuggen, Prätschli, and Untersee.
Schlittenkönig. You can rent sleds at the train station or at Schlittenkönig. Seeblickstr., Arosa, Graubünden, 7050. 081/3772181. www.aroserschlitten.ch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Z?rich Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $234+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $112+/Nt Travelocity
- Steigenberger Bellerive au Lac in May: $319 & Up — $319 Save with Expedia, $56/night less
- Z?rich Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Engimatt Fr $271+/Nt — $271 Save with Expedia, $65/night less
- Book 4-Star Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Fr $252+/Nt — $252 Save with Expedia, $104/night less