- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Graubunden Hotel Reviews
Hoteliers in Graubünden invest fortunes in preserving Alpine coziness on both the outside and inside of their lodgings, which is not always the case in other parts of Switzerland. Prices in this popular region are comparatively high. Even higher prices are charged for the winter holiday period and in February; during the rest of winter you may find special lower-priced packages that include ski passes. Summer rates are generally lower. Many hotels close between seasons, from April to mid-June and from mid-October to mid-December, but the dates and months vary each year, so be sure to check. In a few winter resorts there are hotels that stay closed all summer; we have not included these in our listings.
Hotels publish tariffs in various ways; double-check to see whether you're paying per person or per room, as well as whether you have Halbpension (demipension, or half board). If you plan to stay in one place for more than a day or two, half board can cut costs. You may also want to ask about GästeKarte (guest cards), small booklets given by hotels that provide various deals on local transit or attractions. Many places are packed between Christmas and about January 15—so make reservations well in advance for this time.
If you are interested only in sports, you may wish to budget less for hotels by staying in more out-of-the-way villages and commuting to the more expensive areas, such as St. Moritz and Pontresina.
Browse Graubunden Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Park Hyatt Zurich 3 Nts in May Fr $956+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $184+/Nt Travelocity
- Special deal: 3-Star Comfort Royal Zurich Fr $208+/Nt — $208 Save with Expedia, $51/night less
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $111+/Nt — $111 Travelocity
- Small budget: Stay in Z?rich this May Fr $287+/Nt — $287 Expedia