- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Graubunden Restaurant Reviews
Thanks to all those tourists, restaurants tend to stay open throughout the day for the hungry visitor. The way to be sure is to look for a sign that bears the word durchgehend, meaning "without a stop." Some places, however, will serve only snacks—or close entirely—between 2:30 and 5:30. If traveling in the low season (November or April), you may encounter quite a few closed doors. Finally, the rugged mountainscape is deceiving. Hikers and skiers will frequently encounter a cozy Bergbeizli ("mountain inn"), where fine locally grown food is served up in a most congenial atmosphere.
Many restaurants in resort towns close from the end of April to mid-June and October to December; there are variations and exceptions, of course, so if you plan a visit in the off-season, check in advance.
Browse Graubunden Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss in May: Spring Sale! Save 30% Save with Expedia, $107/night less
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $112+/Nt Travelocity
- Book in Z?rich: Save this May Fr $225+/Nt — $225 Save with Expedia, $54/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Z?rich this May Fr $257+/Nt — $257 Save with Expedia, $29/night less
- Book 3-Star du Theatre in Z?rich Fr $217+/Nt — $217 Expedia