- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Romantik Hotel Chesa Grischuna
At a Glance
- full of character and a vibrant eclectic social scene
- famed restaurant
- cheaper rates in summer
- rooms are on the small side
- no wellness facilities
Check Rates from our Partners
Romantik Hotel Chesa Grischuna Review
Located directly in the town center and renovated from a farmhouse in 1938, the Grischuna has one of the most charming settings in Switzerland, making it one of Klosters's landmarks. Its lobby is graced with a regal pinewood Baroque ceiling and its guest rooms embody mountain coziness with their country prints and fluffy duvets. As Klosters has long been a gathering place of international society (including the likes of Greta Garbo and Audrey Hepburn), this place has plenty of public salons to accommodate guests; whether you bowl in the vaulted cellar, play cards, or dance to the piano music at happy hour, you'll be surrounded by Klosters cognoscenti. Every guest room, including those in the nearby chalet annex, is full of old carved wood and antiques; some have balconies. The restaurant is legendary for its chic gemütlichkeit (coziness), with carved-wood trim, romantic lighting, and a delicious mix of salads, snacks, and full-fledged meals at affordable prices. The restaurant's popularity means you should expect a dining experience, rather than a quick bite at dinnertime.
- Address: Bahnhofstr. 12, Klosters-Platz, Graubünden, 7250 | Map It
- Phone: 081/4222222
- Website: www.chesagrischuna.ch
- Location: Klosters
- 23 rooms, 19 with bathroom.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Apr--end-June and late-Oct.--Dec.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss in May: Spring Sale! Save 30% Save with Expedia, $107/night less
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $112+/Nt Travelocity
- Book in Z?rich: Save this May Fr $225+/Nt — $225 Save with Expedia, $54/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Z?rich this May Fr $257+/Nt — $257 Save with Expedia, $29/night less
- Book 3-Star du Theatre in Z?rich Fr $217+/Nt — $217 Expedia
Just got back from a 10 day trip sponsored by a local college in conjuction with the travel company "EF". Read more
You probably already know that HR Geiger designed the sets for "Alien" as well as the creature that devoured people. Read more
I've decided on a week+ in Switzerland in late June before heading to a meeting in Vienna. Read more
· News & Features
Life in this small Swiss city has its fair share of fondue and chocolate, not to mention cleanliness.... Read more
Springtime always brings jaunts to Europe to the forefront of travel wishlists, but if you've hit the... Read more
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups.... Read more