- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Scuol and Tarasp-Vulpera
The villages of Scuol and Tarasp-Vulpera effectively form one big resort. The area owes its popularity to the 20 mineral springs (traditionally used for liver cures), the beautiful surroundings (mountains and dense forests), and the proximity of the Parc Naziunal Svizzer. Previously popular only in summer, the villages now fill up in winter, thanks to skiing on the south-facing slopes of Motta Naluns.
A small town, Scuol has a petite but exemplary Old Town, with five fountains from which you can do a taste-test comparison of normal tap water against spring water.
Scuol and Tarasp-Vulpera at a Glance
Elsewhere in Graubünden
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Senator on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $171+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $187+/Nt Travelocity
- Central Plaza on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $312+/Nt — $312 Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $112+/Nt — $112 Travelocity
- Small budget: Stay in Z?rich this May Fr $321+/Nt — $321 Save with Expedia, $80/night less