- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Networks of well-marked trails (280 km [215 mi]) branch out from both villages, sometimes intersecting but more often leading in opposite directions. Unless you want to scale higher peaks, all that is needed is a good pair of boots and a map to guide you to signed pathways through open terrain, forests, or along the bisses (irrigation channels). Keep an eye out for fast-paced Nordic walkers (power hikers using ski poles).
Bureau Officiel des Guides. If it's an extreme challenge you're looking for, contact the pros at Bureau Officiel des Guides for guidance. Valais. 027/4804466. www.sms04.ch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Geneva: Save this May Fr $217+/Nt Save with Expedia, $93/night less
- Book in Geneva: Save at the Nash Ville in May Fr $168+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Book in Geneva: Save this May Fr $283+/Nt — $283 Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Save in Geneva: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $351+/Nt — $351 Expedia
- Book 4-Star Rotary Geneva - MGallery Collection Fr $416+/Nt — $416 Expedia