- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Valais Hotel Reviews
The most appealing hotels in Valais seem to be old. That is, historic sites have maintained their fine Victorian ambience; postwar inns, their lodgelike feel. Most of those built after about 1960 popped up in generic, concrete-slab, balconied rows to accommodate the 1960s ski boom. They are solid enough but, for the most part, anonymous, depending on the personality of their owners.
Valais is home to some of Switzerland's most famous resorts, and prices vary widely between top-level Zermatt lodgings and simple auberges (inns) in humbler towns. Remember that many resorts shut down during the lulls in May and from November to mid-December.
Browse Valais Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Geneva Savings! Book at Warwick Geneva Fr $290+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Geneva Fr $167+/Nt Expedia
- Early Booking Bonus: Parc des Eaux-Vives in May — $363 Save with Expedia, $63/night less
- Geneva Savings! Book at Bristol Fr $488+/Nt — $488 Expedia
- Book 4-Star Novotel Geneve Centre in Geneva Fr $238+/Nt — $238 Expedia