- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Vaud Restaurant Reviews
As in all great wine regions, dégustation (wine tasting) and haute gastronomie (refined cuisine) go hand in hand here. In inns and auberges throughout La Côte and Lavaux (the two stretches of vineyard-lined shore), you'll dine beside ascot-wearing oenophiles who lower their half lenses to study a label, then go on to order a multicourse feast to complement their extensive tastings.
To experience Vaud's best cuisine, look for déjeuners d'affaires (business lunches), plats du jour, and prix-fixe menus, which can offer considerable savings over à la carte dining.
Of course, you will be spoiled for choice by the quality of Lausanne's restaurants. Prices can be high, but if you wander through the backstreets you will see that the less affluent in Lausanne eat well, too.
Browse Vaud Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Geneva Savings! Book at Beau-Rivage Geneva Fr $596+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Geneva for Less: Hotels Fr $132+/Nt Travelocity
- Book in Geneva: Save this May Fr $225+/Nt — $225 Save with Expedia, $96/night less
- Book in Geneva: Save at the NH Geneva Airport in May Fr $144+/Nt — $144 Save with Expedia, $36/night less
- Jade - Manotel Geneva on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $283+/Nt — $283 Save with Expedia, $18/night less