Central Anatolia Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Central Anatolia Restaurant Reviews
Central Anatolia is the one region in Turkey that does not touch water, so fish has to be trucked or flown in. Be prepared for a lot of meat; that means kebabs and lamb, often with yogurt and tomato sauce. In Konya you'll encounter etli ekmek, flatbread topped with ground lamb and spices, and you'll find lahmacun, a kind of flatbread Turkish pizza, throughout the region. Main courses are usually preceded by a delicious array of mezes, which here often include hot humus and pastirma (Turkish pastrami).
Restaurants that cater to tourists serve beer, wine (which is produced locally in Cappadocia, with varying results—try the Kalecik Karasi or the Öküzgüzü, both reds), and liquor (including raki). In Konya and other more conservative towns, though, you might be hard pressed to find a drink. Whatever you eat and drink, you'll find it easy to dine in atmospheric surroundings—restored kervansaries, caves, Ottoman mansions, whitewashed courtyards. In many restaurants you'll sit on cushions on the floor, and your meal may well be accompanied by live music.
Browse Central Anatolia Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Kayseri: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $158+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Kayseri this May Fr $74+/Nt Expedia
- $356 & Up: Rixos Konya 5-Star Hotel in Konya — $356 Expedia
- Save in Ankara: Book 3 Nts in May at Swissotel Ankara Fr $151+/Nt — $151 Save with Expedia, $25/night less
- Book in Ankara Fr $97+/Nt — $97 Save with Hotels.com, $80/night less