- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Turkish Airlines, Onur, and Pegasus Airlines have flights from Istanbul to Diyarbakir.
There are daily buses from Istanbul to Diyarbakir; the ride takes close to 20 hours and costs about $45. From Diyarbakir, minivans leave regularly from Dag Kapi for the one-hour trip to Mardin and to Midyat.
The train ride from Istanbul to Diyarbakir is long—more than 35 hours—but scenic, and inexpensive: about $22 (first class) to $44 (sleeper bunk). Time is money, though, and it's much easier to fly.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Novotel Gaziantep Fr $193+/Nt Expedia
- $108 & Up: Cheap Gaziantep Stay Save with Hotels.com, $8/night less
- Special deal: 5-Star Zorlu Grand Fr $300+/Nt — $300 Expedia