Excursions to the Far East and Black Sea Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go on Excursions to the Far East and Black Sea Coast
Wandering the bustling bazaars of Sanliurfa and Gaziantep. Craftsmen in these ancient cities still work the same way they have for centuries.
Float in Lake Van. As in Israel's Dead Sea, the water is rich in minerals and very alkaline; you'll be remarkably buoyant in the startlingly blue water.
Explore the ruins of the city of Ani, once the seat of a small Armenian kingdom.
Visit the cliffside monastery of Sümela. The climb is fairly strenuous, but just seeing this remarkable sight is unforgettable.
Journey up Mt. Nemrut. The massive stone heads looking out over the horizon are an impressive sight to behold.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Explore Gaziantep For Less! Book Fr $124+/Nt Hotels.com