- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Istanbul
Explore the exotic monuments of the Byzantine and Ottoman empires.
Cruise up the Bosphorus, past waterfront villages and forested slopes topped with fortresses.
Haggle in the Grand Bazaar and the Egyptian Bazaar, the ultimate shopping experiences.
Sweat in a hamam like an Ottoman sultan and discover the soothing effects of a Turkish rubdown.
Luxuriate overnight in a palace—or an Ottoman house, or even a sumptuously outfitted former prison.
Sip a cup of tea as you watch boats ply the Golden Horn.
Dine in style on Turkish delights against a backdrop of domes and minarets.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $899 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise — $899 Royal Caribbean
- $649 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $649 Royal Caribbean
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises