- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Ferries ($2) and faster Seabuses ($4) depart from Katabas, and take 90 minutes and 45 minutes, respectively. Schedules change with the seasons, so check beforehand for departure times (www.ido.com.tr/en). In summer the early evening ferries returning to the mainland are often very crowded, particularly on weekends.
Since no cars are allowed on the islands, you'll do most of your exploring on foot. Horse-drawn carriage tours cost $15 to $40. You can rent bicycles ($3 per hour) from one of the shops near the clock tower on Büyükada: definitely a more fun (and more strenuous) way to get around. To get from one of the Princes' Islands to the other, hop aboard any of several daily ferries.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise — $699 Royal Caribbean
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $549 Royal Caribbean
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises