The Central and Southern Aegean Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to The Central and Southern Aegean Coast
Sailing on a Blue Cruise A gulet, a converted wooden fishing boat, is the perfect way to explore the coast, sailing out of Çesme, Bodrum or other coastal ports and from there gliding across the warm azure waters to secluded coves.
Visit Ephesus The Library of Celsus, with its tiered facade of columns, and ruins of temples, houses, and shops richly evoke the Greek and Roman worlds.
Wandering through Sirince This picturesque cluster of two-story houses is set on a lush hill, and villagers sell their handmade crafts.
Swimming and scuba diving in Çesme and Bodrum Some of the brightest and bluest waters in the Aegean surround these coastal resorts.
Feasting on fish in Gümüslük Escape the tourist crush of Bodrum to enjoy a meal at one this village's waterside restaurants.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Izmir this May Fr $145+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Izmir this May Fr $106+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Izmir this May Fr $84+/Nt — $84 Expedia
- Book in Izmir: Save at the Hilton Izmir in May Fr $203+/Nt — $203 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Izmir Fr $77+/Nt — $77 Expedia