- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
While in Izmir, you can travel around by bus or metro (the latter is not very extensive, but plans are underway to extend the route) or bus. The fare is 2 TL per ride.
Taxis are more expensive than in other Turkish cities like Istanbul and Ankara, because they're less in demand, but they're widely available.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Izmir Savings! Book at Hilton Izmir Fr $220+/Nt Expedia
- Izmir Savings! Book at Ontur Izmir Fr $123+/Nt Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Anemon Izmir Fr $76+/Nt — $76 Expedia
- May deal: Yumukoglu Fr $82+/Nt — $82 Expedia
- Izmir Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Moevenpick Izmir Fr $156+/Nt — $156 Expedia