- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blue Cruises were originally inexpensive boat tours catering to Turkish intellectuals in the 1970s, and they're still one of the most enjoyable and low-key ways to see the coast.
Trips can last two to 14 days between April and October, and most voyages are on gulets, converted wooden fishing craft with full crew. The boats' amenities range from modest to luxurious, and prices fluctuate accordingly. You can arrange your trip before you leave home, or on the spot at the docks. Ask a travel agent or someone at your hotel to recommend a reputable company with a good boat and crew. On the Aegean coast, voyages depart from Izmir, Çesme, Kusadasi, and Bodrum.
For information try these, contacts: Cano Yachting (0532/481-6244 or. www.canoyachting.com.)
Era Tourism (252/316-2310. www.erayachting.com.)
Neyzen Tours (252/316-7204. www.neyzen.com.tr.)
Borda Yachting (252/313-7766. www.bordayachting.com.)
Motif Yachting (252/316-2309. www.motifyachting.com.)
Aegean Yacht Services. This respected blue cruise company arranges voyages and also builds boats. 252/313-8631. www.aegeanyacht.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Izmir Savings! Book at Ontur Izmir Fr $123+/Nt Expedia
- Izmir Savings! Book at Hilton Izmir Fr $220+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Yumukoglu Fr $82+/Nt — $82 Expedia
- Izmir Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Moevenpick Izmir Fr $156+/Nt — $156 Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Anemon Izmir Fr $76+/Nt — $76 Expedia