Wales Travel Guide
Clinging to the western edge of England, Wales is green and ruggedly beautiful, with mountainous inland scenery reaching out to a magnificent coastline. With the exception of the engaging capital, Cardiff, and the tough, industrial city of Swansea, this is an entirely rural region, and one more lowkey and less visited except for certain beauty spots. It's worth seeking out if you appreciate subtler attractions such as bucolic market towns, industrial heritage sights, and country inns though the country is properly famous for its stunning national parks and castles.
Cities in Wales
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more
You may know about its idyllic green, pastoral landscapes, but Wales is full of surprises—from mushroom... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Cardiff Savings! Book at Mercure Cardiff Centre Fr $85+/Nt Expedia
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House and Spa in May: $159 & Up Expedia
- May deal: Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre Fr $154+/Nt — $154 Expedia
- Book in Cardiff: Save this May Fr $108+/Nt — $108 Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- Cardiff Savings! Book at Campanile Cardiff Fr $76+/Nt — $76 Expedia
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more