At a Glance
- unique location
- beautiful building
- woodland walks
- gets crowded with day-trippers
- minimum stay on weekends
- some rooms a bit shabby
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Portmeirion Review
One of the most elegant and unusual places to stay in Wales, this waterfront mansion is located at the heart of Portmeirion. The original part of the building is Victorian, although it was greatly expanded in the 1920s. Among its elaborate flourishes are a curved, colonnaded dining room and a library incorporating features that were built for the Great Exhibition in 1851. Bedrooms are comfortable and richly decorated, with views of the estate. Local seafood and lamb are specialties in the restaurant, where the food is excellent but pricey.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Cardiff this May Fr $153+/Nt Expedia
- $161 & Up: The Angel 4-Star Hotel in Cardiff Expedia
- Book 4-Star Mercure Cardiff Holland House and Spa Fr $129+/Nt — $129 Expedia
- Cardiff Marriott on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $232+/Nt — $232 Expedia
- Book 3-Star Mercure Cardiff Centre Fr $86+/Nt — $86 Expedia
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
I am thinking of going on a tour across Britain and Ireland next year.
I've done lots of research, but I'm not sure which tour company to use....since I have read negative and positive reviews for each Read more
· News & Features
We don't want to make you upset, but the season finale of Downton Abbey (in the US anyway) is this Sunday.... Read more
You may know about its idyllic green, pastoral landscapes, but Wales is full of surprises—from mushroom... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more