Sports and the Outdoors
The town's beaches are hugely popular in summertime. North Beach is the most popular, with shops and a little café along the promenade. The adjoining Harbour Beach is prettier and more secluded. Castle Beach is in a little cove where you can walk out to a small island at low tide. Past that is South Beach, which stretches for more than a mile.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Mercure Cardiff Holland House and Spa Fr $159+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4-Star Copthorne Cardiff Caerdydd in Cardiff Fr $108+/Nt Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- Cardiff Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $173+/Nt — $173 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Cardiff Fr $76+/Nt — $76 Expedia
- $184 & Up: The Angel 4-Star Hotel in Cardiff — $184 Expedia