Discounts and Deals
Discounts and Deals
For travel within Wales, ask about money-saving unlimited-travel tickets (such as the Freedom of Wales Flexi Pass, the North and Mid-Wales Rover, and the South Wales Flexi Rover), which include the use of bus services. A discount card offering a 20% reduction on each of the steam-driven Great Little Trains of Wales is also available. It costs £10 and is valid for 12 months.
The Cadw/Welsh Historic Monuments Explorer Pass is good for unlimited admission to most of Wales's historic sites. The seven-day pass costs £18 (single adult), £30 (two adults), or £36 (family ticket); the three-day pass costs £11.50, £18.50, and £26.50, respectively. Passes are available at any site covered by the Cadw program. All national museums and galleries in Wales are free.
Cadw/Welsh Historic Monuments (Plas Carew, Unit 5-7 Cefn Coed, Parc Nantgarw, Treforest, CF15 7QQ. 01443/336000. www.cadw.wales.gov.uk.)
Flexi Pass information (0845/606-1660. www.nationalrail.co.uk.)
Great Little Trains of Wales (01654/710472. www.greatlittletrainsofwales.co.uk.)
National Museums and Galleries of Wales (029/2039-7951. www.museumwales.ac.uk.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Swansea this May Fr $164+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Cardiff this May Fr $105+/Nt Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- May deal: Cardiff Marriott Fr $233+/Nt — $233 Expedia
- Cardiff Savings! Book at Copthorne Cardiff Caerdydd Fr $120+/Nt — $120 Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- Cardiff Savings! Book at Novotel Cardiff Centre Fr $154+/Nt — $154 Expedia