Diving and Water Sports in Belize City
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Diving and Water Sports
Belize Dive Connection. This operation runs trips from the Radisson Fort George dock. Dive trips to the Belize Barrier Reef, about 30-45 minutes away, cost around BZ$180-BZ$230 per person. Those to Turneffe Atoll cost BZ$330-BZ$375 per person and involve an hour to 90 minutes of travel time one way. Snorkel trips are around BZ$120-BZ$200 per person. This dive shop also has locations in San Pedro and on Spanish Lookout Caye off Belize City. P. O. Box 1818, Belize City. 220/4020 office; 223/5086 dive shop. www.belizediving.com.
Sea Sports Belize. Sea Sports will take you to the Barrier Reef for snorkeling (BZ$190) or to Turneffe Atoll for diving (from BZ$286). Most of their business is with cruise ships, but they also work with visitors staying in Belize City. 83 N. Front St., Belize City. 223/5505. www.seasportsbelize.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Belize City Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- Look no Further! Belize City 7 Nts + Air as Low as $1,013 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $147+/Nt — $147 Travelocity
- Belize City on Sale! 4 Nts + Air as Low as $921 — $921 Travelocity