- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Black Orchid Resort
At a Glance
- Most upscale lodging near Baboon Sanctuary
- lovely riverside setting
- good food
- Not directly in the Baboon Sanctuary
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Black Orchid Resort Review
This resort in a pleasant and safe rural setting northwest of Belize City perches at the edge of the Belize River, and you can launch a canoe or kayak from the hotel's dock, or just laze about the riverside swimming pool and thatch palapa. The air-conditioned rooms (BZ$240-BZ$280, double in-season, plus tax) are large, with custom-made mahogany furnishings. The on-site restaurant serves good Belizean food (dinner BZ$36).
- Address: 12 mi (20 km) from Baboon Sanctuary, 2 Dawson Ln., Northern Suburbs, Burrell Boom Village | Map It
- Phone: 225/9158; 866/437-1301
- Website: www.blackorchidresort.com
- Location: Belize City
- 16 rooms, 1 3-bedroom villa, 2 2-bedroom cabins.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Belize City Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- Look no Further! Belize City 7 Nts + Air as Low as $1,013 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $147+/Nt — $147 Travelocity
- Belize City on Sale! 4 Nts + Air as Low as $921 — $921 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Has anyone heard that GAR was seriously damaged by high winds last week? Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more