- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Corozal Town is the last stop on the Northern Highway before the Mexico border. There's frequent bus service from early morning to early evening on the Northern Highway from Belize City. Maya Island Air and Tropic Air have a total of 10 daily flights to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, but no other scheduled air service. A twice-daily water taxi operated by San Pedro-Belize Express Water Taxi runs between Corozal Town and San Pedro with a stop on demand at Sarteneja.
Corozal District has become a hot spot for expats seeking property for retirement and snowbirds looking for a vacation home. Several hundred foreign expats live in Corozal District, and the numbers are growing. They're attracted by the home prices—a two-bedroom, modern home in a nice area near the water can go for less than US$150,000, though you can always pay more. An expat "friendship luncheon" is held the second Tuesday of every month at 1:30 pm at the Purple Toucan Restaurant and Bar, 7th Avenue South in Corozal Town. Newcomers and wannabes welcome.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $147+/Nt Travelocity
- Princess & Casino in May: $109 & Up Expedia
- Last Minute Vacation Sale! 8 Nts Belize City + Air Fr $1,046 Travelocity
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt — $145 Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Belize City on Sale! 5 Nts + Air as Low as $951 — $951 Travelocity