- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hillside Bed and Breakfast
At a Glance
- Beautiful vistas over Blue Creek
- nice way to get to know a little of the Mennonite community
- Basic, motel-like rooms
- cabañas require a steep climb
- B&B accessible only if you have your own transport
Hillside Bed and Breakfast Review
After Mennonites John and Judy Klassen finished raising their 10 children, they opened this small B&B in Blue Creek village. It has clean motel-like rooms with 24-hour electricity on a hill overlooking the valley, with two larger thatch cabañas nearby, down steep wood steps. Kitchen facilities are available. The breakfast (BZ$10) is huge and delicious, with homemade bread, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and locally produced milk and eggs.
- Address: Main Rd., Blue Creek Village
- Phone: 323/0155
- Location: Mennonite Communities
- 5 rooms, 2 caban[t]as.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Radisson Fort George and Marina in May: $176 & Up Expedia
- 1% OFF Radisson Fort George and Marina! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1,103 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Travelocity
- Super Savings on Belize City 6 Nts Htl + Air Fr $917 — $917 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Has anyone heard that GAR was seriously damaged by high winds last week? Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more