- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Lamanai Riverside Retreat
At a Glance
- Relaxing riverside setting
- friendly owners
- open-air riverside dining
- It's a short hike into town
- pesky mosquitoes at times
Lamanai Riverside Retreat Review
It's many miles from the Lamanai ruins (though on a street called Lamanai Alley), but this hotel with just three cabins is pleasantly set right beside the New River, the water route to the famous Mayan ruins. The outdoor restaurant boasts a menu of 50 different items, including well-prepared local dishes such as stew chicken with rice and beans. While you sip a beer, you may even see a crocodile in the river, and unfortunately, if there's no breeze, you may also see mosquitoes. The three cabañas are simple wooden affairs with air-conditioning. Tent camping is also available.
- Address: Lamanai Alley, Orange Walk Town
- Phone: 302/3955
- Location: Orange Walk Town
- 3 caban[t]as.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Belize City Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt Travelocity
- Super Savings on Belize City 5 Nts Htl + Air Fr $820 Travelocity
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Belize City Fr $109+/Nt — $109 Expedia
- Super Sale! 4 Nts The Great House + Air Fr $1,040 — $1,040 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Planning a 8 day trip to Belize in August with 2 teens (16 and 19). Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more