- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Windsurfing and Kitesurfing
With brisk easterly winds most of the year, Caye Caulker is one of Belize's premier centers for windsurfing. The island gets winds over 12 knots most days from November to July. The best windsurfing is in the morning and afternoon, with lulls around midday. In the late winter and spring, winds frequently hit 20 knots or more. Windsurfing and kitesurfing rental outfits quickly come and go on Caye Caulker; ask locally who is currently offering rentals and lessons.
Charters, Lessons, and Equipment
KiteXplorer. KiteXplorer offers beginning and advanced kitesurfing lessons. An intensive 9-hour training program over three or four days costs around BZ$740. Private lessons are BZ$130 an hour. KiteXplorer also sells and rents equipment. Beachfront, Caye Caulker. 635/4967. www.kitexplorer.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Princess & Casino in May: $109 & Up Expedia
- Look no Further! Belize City 7 Nts + Air as Low as $1,013 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $147+/Nt — $147 Travelocity
- Belize City on Sale! 4 Nts + Air as Low as $921 — $921 Travelocity