- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Attractive small beachfront resort
- gorgeous pool
- good management
- Somewhat remote
Even if you're not a newlywed, you'll enjoy the honeymoon suite at this tranquil North Ambergris resort, operated by a Belgian couple. Inside a thatch cabaña, the 800-square-foot suite (BZ$1,000 double in-season, including 15% tax and service) has terrific sea views and a private whirlpool. The other beach cabañas, recently upgraded, have four-poster bamboo beds draped with linen mosquito nets (although mosquitoes are only occasionally a problem). Additonal "Island Jungle" cabañas at the back opened in 2011. "Tree Top" suites (BZ$797 double in-season with tax and service) are perched on wooden stilts above the sand, and a house has three suites on two levels. A circular swimming pool has a footprint patterned after the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Le Bistro restaurant serves seafood with Caribbean influences.
- Address: 6 mi (10 km) north of San Pedro, Ambergris Caye | Map It
- Phone: 678/5096; 888/240-1923 in U.S.
- Website: www.portofinobelize.com
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- 8 beach caban[t]as; 3 suites; 1 honeymoon suite; 4 garden caban[t]as.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt Travelocity
- Look no Further! Belize City 7 Nts + Air as Low as $1,013 Travelocity
- Book 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $176+/Nt — $176 Expedia
- Super Savings on Belize City 6 Nts Htl + Air Fr $950 — $950 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Has anyone heard that GAR was seriously damaged by high winds last week? Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more