- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Elvi's Kitchen Review
In the old days, in 1974, Elvi Staines sold burgers from the window of her house. Soon she added a few tables on the sand under a flamboyant tree. Today the sandy floor is still here, and the tree remains (though now lifeless and cut back to fit inside the roof), but everything else is changed. Enter through massive mahogany doors and you'll be tended to by a staff of a couple of dozen. The burgers are still good, but for dinner Elvi's now specializes in upmarket dishes such as shrimp in watermelon sauce (BZ$37) or crab claws with garlic butter (BZ$75). There's a "Mayan Feast" on Friday nights, when you can dine on traditional Mayan dishes. For dessert, don't pass on the coconut pie. It's all a bit touristy, but we always enjoy Elvi's.
- Address: Pescador Dr., near Ambergris St., San Pedro
- Phone: 226/2176
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Belize City Fr $109+/Nt Expedia
- Super Savings on Belize City 5 Nts Htl + Air Fr $820 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Travelocity
- Last Minute Vacation Sale! 7 Nts Belize City + Air Fr $1,018 — $1,018 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Planning a 8 day trip to Belize in August with 2 teens (16 and 19). Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more