- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- Inexpensive, clean rooms
- Not on the water
Maxhapan Cabañas Review
This little spot is in the center of the village and not on the water, but it makes up for it by being neat and clean and a fine value, and set in a small, shady, sandy garden. The rooms, including two in a two-story cabaña and one in a one-level building, have tile floors, air-conditioning, TVs, fridges, and a veranda with hammocks. Complimentary bikes and snorkel gear are available. The owner, Louise, is a charmer. This spot is almost always fully booked.
- Address: 55 Av. Pueblo Nuevo, in center of village south of the main public pier, Caye Caulker
- Phone: 226/0118
- Location: Caye Caulker
- 3 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Belize City Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- 1% OFF Radisson Fort George and Marina! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1,103 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Travelocity
- Super Savings on Belize City 6 Nts Htl + Air Fr $917 — $917 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Has anyone heard that GAR was seriously damaged by high winds last week? Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more