- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Ramon's Village Resort
At a Glance
- Good in-town beach
- has island atmosphere many are looking for
- Busy location across from the airstrip, in an area that's increasingly congested
Ramon's Village Resort Review
One of the first resorts on the cayes, Ramon's has grown into one of the largest, but it still retains its appealing thatch-and-sand atmosphere. Just at the south edge of town, the very popular resort attracts an active crowd who take their beers and margaritas by the pool. The beachfront units are attractive, but those in the back can be a little noisy, even though Ramon's has built high walls to screen off street noise. Renovations in 2009 updated the older rooms. You may find room prices surprisingly spendy for the size and amenities, but you're paying for the setting and location. The 500-foot beach is the best in or near town (though not the best on the island), and snorkeling is pretty good off the 420-foot pier, with its artificial reef. The hotel also manages a collection of cottages across the street called Steve and Becky's Cute Little Hotel. The restaurant, while not among the top ones on the island, has improved and is worth a try.
- Address: Coconut Dr., across from airstrip just south of town, Ambergris Caye | Map It
- Phone: 226/2071; 800/624-4215 in U.S. and Canada; 601/649-1990 U.S. reservations office
- Website: www.ramons.com
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- 61 rooms, 8 cottages.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $180+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt Travelocity
- Super Savings on Belize City 6 Nts Htl + Air Fr $979 Travelocity
- Princess & Casino on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $109+/Nt — $109 Expedia
- 2% OFF BEST WESTERN Belize Biltmore Plaza! 6 Nts + Air Fr $1,159 — $1,159 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Planning a 8 day trip to Belize in August with 2 teens (16 and 19). Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more